Monday, September 3, 2012

Always Smell the Flowers

Wow!  I can't believe its the end of the long weekend and most importantly the end of summer.  It makes me sad to think that I have a son going into Grade 6.  One more year and then he will be in Junior High.  I'm not sure if I can handle this.  I have been trying so hard to slow down and cherish my kids more but it still feels like time is just flying by. 

Anyways, I took this picture of my daughter this summer as she was admiring the flowers beside our steps.  When I saw Allison's sketch challenge on the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog I thought this picture would work great.  So here is what I came up with:


I started with Echo Park's Everyday Eclectic collection and pulled out some pink and green patterned papers to go with the colors in the photo.  Then I grabbed the cloud print to add some blue and kraft in to my layout.  I changed the picture size to a rectangle instead of a circle but other than that I pretty much stayed true to the sketch. 

I used some stickers from the collection pack as well as some flowers I had in my stash to create my two embellishment clusters on either side of the photo.  I have been seeing people do this a lot lately where they create embellishment clusters on a diagonal across a photo and so I thought I would try it.  I think it really draws the eye across the photo.




I used a combination of letter stickers from the collection kit and American Crafts thickers to create my title.  Then I finished the layout by adding bling to the flower centers.  I think bling is one of my favorite embellishments :) 

Thanks for visiting my blog today!  Hope you have a great day.

Sacha

6 comments:

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful layout, such fun papers to match the cute photo. Thank you for Playing in Paradise with us this week.

Angela Fehr said...

Love the layers and bright colour in this layout! Thanks for Playing in Paradise!

Allison Rankin said...

Just lovely! What a fab mix of papers! Thanks for playing at Scrapbooker's Paradise!

Dawn said...

The time does pass far too quickly...if only they could stay tots for a little bit longer. Your layout is beautiful. Great photo - it is so neat to see the world through our children's eyes. I love what you've done with the embellishments.

Hugs, Dawn

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the embellishment cluster - creates so much movement! I also love Allison's sketches - I don't scrapbook but it seems to me that they work well for both cards & scrapping :) My youngest just started middle school, and boy, is it a different world from primary! Enjoy the last year :)

Vanessa said...

Beautiful layout!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today..don't forget you are never alone in how you are feeling..I totally get how your feeling!